¡Fandango Bragh!, is an album of Irish-Mexican musical fusion by Irish and Mexican fiddler, jarana and Mariachi performer Catherine John, in collaboration with Roxanne Oliva (accordion), Rita Thies (flute, saxophone), Dolores Garcia (vocals, jarana, pandero), Nydia Gonzalez (vocals, harp, zapateado), Kyle Alden (guitar), Preston Howard (uilleann pipes). Click Here for a preview listen to ¡Fandango Bragh!
Wake the Dead
Thanks to Wake the Dead, the World’s Only Celtic All-Star/Deadhead Fusion Band for being AmeriCeltic’s #1 musical supporter!
Well known for weaving jigs and reels into the songs of the Grateful Dead, this hot Bay Area acoustic sextet now Celtifies the entire Summer of Love including the Airplane, Youngbloods, Buffalo Springfield and even the Beatles. Click Here for video samples, including Waiting For Snow / Darkness Darkness / Reel Mattawa Live versions from The Deal
—Trio Of One—
Always immediate and created fresh, the masterful Michael Mullen makes live looping an art form. In Trio of One, the talented Michael Mullen brings to life the music of his Celtic roots, creating a full reel and jig-blasting band in front of your eyes. In the end, you’ll understand why his old Tempest mates dubbed him The Mad Fiddler
Click Here for video samples, including Michael’s new looping single John Barley Corn
—Songs of the Sea—
This unique sea music collection includes traditional Celtic and Afro-Carribean sea chanteys, Scottish boat songs, sea-themed sailors’ ballads, Irish pub songs, Canadian folk rock, instrumental water music, and one original sailor song. Click Here for video samples, including Charmas top rated single Bluenose, the great Stan Rogers hit.
Performers – Track(s) (Composer) Comment
Molly’s Revenge – The Girls of Balladoole/Sweeny’s Buttermilk/Maids in the Meadow (Traditional)
Mason-Weed – The Farmer’s Cursed Wife (Traditional)
Mullen-Jones Project – Drowsy Maggie (Traditional)
Mullen-Jones Project – Saint Anne’s Reel (Traditional)
Wake the Dead – Cumberland Blues (Hunter/Garcia/Lesh) / Mind the Gap (Carnahan)
Catherine John – O’Neill’s / La Bamba (Traditional) From her album ¡Fandango Bragh!
Catherine John – Polkas – La Cacahuata (Luis Guerrero) / The Little Diamond (Traditional) From her album ¡Fandango Bragh!
Erica & Friends – Streets of Derry (Traditional)
Erica & Friends – Who Knows Where the Time Goes (Sandy Denny)
Lee Corbie-Wells & Erica Hockett – Four Loom Weaver (Traditional)
Lee Corbie-Wells – O Luaidh (O Love) (Traditional) Sung in Scottish Gaelic (Gàidhlig)
Moonshine Jelly – Crakan (Lee Corbie-Wells)
Kaptain Bottletop – The Blackest Crow (Traditional)
Erin Ruth Thompson & David Chadwick – Raglan Road (Patrick Kavanagh/Luke Kelly)
Erin Ruth Thompson & David Chadwick – Miles Away (Erin Ruth Thompson)
Black Brothers Band with Erin Ruth Thompson – Hard Times (Stephen Foster)
Black Brothers Band – Farewell Friends (Pete Sutherland)
Black Brothers Band – Sailing to Libertys Sweet Shore (John Doyle)
Anne Bingham Goess & Thomas Lindemuth – The Broad Stream (Anne Bingham Goess) From their album ‘Letters from Abroad’
AmeriCeltic Band – The Old Dun Cow caught fire (William Henry Crump aka Harry Champion, 1893)
• Molly’s Revenge: David Brewer, (bagpipes, whistles, bodhrán), Stuart Mason (guitar, cittern, vocals), John Weed, (fiddle). Website
• Mason-Weed: John Weed, (fiddle), Stuart Mason (guitar, mandola). Website
• Mullen Jones Project: Greg Jones, (guitar) and Michael Mullen, (violin). Facebook
• Wake The Dead: Danny Carnahan (vocals, fiddle, octave mandolin), Sylvia Herold (vocals, guitar), Paul Kotapish (vocals, mandolin), Kevin Carr (uilleann pipes, fiddle), Cindy Browne (bass) and Brian Rice (exotic percussion). Website
• Catherine John ¡Fandango Bragh!: Catherine John (violin, jarana), Roxanne Oliva (accordion), Rita Thies (flute, saxophone), Dolores Garcia (vocals, jarana, pandero), Nydia Gonzalez (vocals, harp, zapateado), Kyle Alden (guitar), Preston Howard (uilleann pipes). Website
• Erica & Friends: Erica Hockett (Vocals/Bodhrán), Anne Bingham Goess (Violin/Vocals), Troy Dillinger (Accordion/Vocals), Chris Hammond (Guitar/Vocals). Facebook
• Lee Corbie-Wells / Moonshine Jelly: Lee Corbie-Wells, (violin, vocals) & Kent Kessinger, (guitar). Website
• Kaptain Bottletop: Lee Corbie-Wells, (violin, vocals), David Boyden, (violin, hardingfele) Website
• Erin Ruth Thompson & David Chadwick: Erin Ruth Thompson (vocals, guitar), David Chadwick, (mandolin). YouTube
• Black Brothers Band: Shay Black (guitar, vocals), Michael Black (banjo, cittern, vocals), Bobbi Nikles, (fiddle). Website
• Anne Bingham Goess & Thomas Lindemuth: Anne Bingham Goess (piano, violin), Suellen Primost (cello), Thomas Lindemuth (accordion). Website
• AmeriCeltic Band: Tony Becker (guitar, vocals), Rob Godfrey (fiddle), Kris Anderson (guitar).